You are invited to subscribe to the pastors’ weekly email here.
In the story of Alice in Wonderland, the Red Queen says to Alice, “Now, here you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere, you must run at least twice as fast as that.”
I don’t think she was talking about the Silicon Valley, but she could have been! It seems like we’ve got to run just to stay in the same place, let alone get ahead. Can you relate?
Here are 7 signs from Brock Henry at LifeHack.org that you are way too busy:
1. You can’t remember the last time you took a day off.
2. Those people closest to you have stopped asking for your time.
3. Activities like eating are always done in tandem with other tasks.
4. You’re consistently more tired when you get up in the morning than you are when you go to bed.
5. The most exercise you get is sprinting from one commitment to the next.
6. You dread getting up in the morning.
7. “Survival mode” is your only mode.
This Sunday we’ll be talking about how to enter into God’s rest. If you are like me, you’ve probably thought that only means that you’ll get to rest when you get to heaven, and that’s not very encouraging or helpful for living in this crazy rat race!
Hebrews 4:1-11 specifically talks about “Today!” so if you need rest today, read ahead and join us at 9 or 10:45 am!
Warm regards in Christ,
P.S. We’re very excited to have Andrew Palau joining us April 10th at Valley Church. If you know someone who would benefit from hearing his testimony, “The Secret Life of a Fool”, start praying now about inviting them!