Welcome to The Story! This year we will embark on a journey unlike any other. Every Sunday from September to May, our pastors will be teaching through the entire Bible, from Genesis to Revelation. You may be wondering: Is The Story the real Bible? Watch this 45-second video from Zondervan:
To enrich your experience, we invite you to join us Sunday evenings for The Story video series followed by small group discussion. You will have the opportunity to connect Old Testament history and prophecy to the New Testament fulfillment and the birth of the church. Join us and bring a friend! You can register now.
- What’s The Story? A 31-week experience of reading the Bible with others in our church and community. It’s the Bible, but printed like a novel to make it easier to get through.
- When does it start? Sunday, 9/5/21. We’ll preach on it too for 31 weeks, with a break for Christmas.
- What’s happening on Sunday nights? We’ll gather on the grass from 6:30 to 8:00 PM for dessert, a video on that week’s chapter, and then discussion groups.
- How about the kids? We’ll have a breakout for the kids that the Seitz family and others will lead.
- Is there an outreach portion to this? Yes, we will encourage people to invite their friends to Sunday night. You can buy a book (and maybe a study guide) for your friend.
- How can people get the book and/or study guide? Drop by the patio tent before and after services. Special deal! Get the book and the study guide as a bundle for $10.00. Extra study guides are $10.00.
- What’s a very simple, scaled-down way for families and roommates to participate? After dinner, set your timer for 15 minutes. Have someone read it out loud. Discuss for 5 minutes. Pray for five minutes.
- Do I have to register for Sunday night? No, you don’t have to but it would help us with planning if you do.
- What is the point of it all? To learn the whole big story, to help rebuild our church family and to welcome new people into our church family in a fun way.
- CAN I HELP? Yes! Talk to Darren Seitz if you can:
- Shop for supplies or serve drinks/desserts
- Run tech by playing the DVD on the big, cool outdoor screen (Pastor Daniel will train you)
- Facilitate a discussion group
- Serve with the kids (if you’re “badged and background checked”).
For more information or If you can serve in some way, please contact Darren Seitz or 669-721-1819.
For more information about the upcoming sermons related to The Story, visit our Teaching webpage.