This Sunday we will join with thousands of Christians around the world to pray for the persecuted church. Over the next several weeks the International Day of Prayer for the Persecuted Church is encouraging all Christians to lift up their brothers and sisters who are suffering for Christ.
· Pray that persecuted believers would know the hope God gives (Ephesians 1:18).
· Pray that the Holy Spirit would strengthen them (Ephesians 3:16).
· Pray that persecuted believers would know how much God loves them (Ephesians 3:17)
· Pray that they would know how to share the gospel (Ephesians 6:19).
· Pray that persecuted believers would fearlessly tell others about Jesus (Ephesians 6:20).
Ever since the church started, her people have been willing to lay down their lives for Christ. By faith, some were delivered from pain and suffering. By faith, others were not, but were sustained by God.
If you’ve ever asked the question, “God, why didn’t you deliver me?” you’ll want to read Hebrews 11:20-40. When united with faith, God’s promises and His mighty works are always rewarded… but not always HOW and WHEN we want them to be…
See you on Sunday!