Late in 1958 a few couples from Peninsula Bible Church were meeting Sunday evenings for Bible study. They recognized that God was leading them toward the formation of a non-denominational church. With the support and encouragement of the PBC leadership, several weeks were spent in intensive prayer before they voted unanimously to establish Valley Church of Cupertino as an independent Bible Church. First services began in a small leased unit in the Cherry Chase shopping center in Sunnyvale, in March 1959. Four acres of the present church property on Stelling Road were purchased in 1960.
Today our campus includes seven acres of land, six buildings, and a sports facility, including tennis courts. Throughout Valley Church history, expanded building and missionary giving have gone hand in hand. First missionary support began in September 1959, and has continued consistently over the years. That support has been more than financial; it includes prayer, correspondence, hosting when in town and sharing in the ministries.
Our first church plant, Neighborhood Bible Church (www.nbcsj.org) had its first public service on November 5th, 2006, after a year of prayer, property renovation, and lots of hard work. God brought together people from Valley and previous Family Bible Church members to reach new people in the community.
On March 1, 2009 Valley Church celebrated fifty years of God being faithful to His people. Valley’s history of being a strong Bible based church with a firm commitment to missions is a testimony to God’s blessing and to the faithfulness of His people. You can read more about it in the book The History of Valley Church (available in our church office). By God’s grace, the Lord will continue to bless the vision and mission of Valley Church into the NEXT fifty years, unless He comes back first! All growth and expansion has been by God’s grace. Our desire is that Valley Church should be a lighthouse for Christ in Cupertino, reaching Santa Clara County, and to the ends of the earth.